The Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis (CAM) is seeking proposals from local artists to work with students in CAM’s summer 2015 Teen Museum Studies (TMS) program.
Held each summer, TMS offers a small group of teens the opportunity to learn from CAM staff members in all departments and to organize an exhibition from start to finish.
TMS students will feature the work of a single artist in their final exhibition. The group will choose the artist based on applications and will work with him/her over the course of the program.
The accepted artist must be available for:
- Time-sensitive email correspondence throughout the duration of the program (June 11–July 24)
- At least three working sessions with the students (all on Thursdays or Fridays between June 11 and July 24, actual dates to be determined)
- Interview and studio visit (to be scheduled after acceptance notification)
- Help with installation of exhibition (in the final weeks, actual dates to be determined)
- Opening night, July 31, 5:00–7:00pm
Applicants must have a strong exhibition record and are encouraged to have some teaching experience as well asexperience working with teens. A $1,000 stipend will be provided for time and supplies. All works must be made and available due to the short, one-month, turnaround time between the students’ decision and the time of the exhibition. The exhibition will remain up at CAM’s Teaching Gallery from July 31 through November 1, 2015.
Applications are due May 15, 2015 and applicants will be notified of acceptance by June 25. To submit, please send:
- A one-page proposal detailing works to be included
- Up to 10 images of artwork (jpegs) and image list
- Cover letter
- Artist statement
Submit by mail to:
TMS Artist Proposal
Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis
3750 Washington Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63108
Or email to:
Lyndon Barrois, Museum Educator, at email@example.com.
Subject: TMS Artist Proposal
Download printable PDF with information and deadlines.