The Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis (CAM) is seeking proposals from local artists to work with students in CAM’s summer 2017 Teen Museum Studies (TMS) program.
Held each summer, TMS offers a small group of teens the opportunity to learn from CAM staff members in all departments and to organize an exhibition from start to finish.
TMS students will feature the work of a single artist in their final exhibition. The group will choose the artist based on applications and will work with him/her over the course of the program.
The accepted artist must be available for:
- Time-sensitive email correspondence throughout the duration of the program (June 15–July 21)
- At least three working sessions with the students (all on Thursdays or Fridays between June 15 and July 21, actual dates to be determined)
- Interview and studio visit (to be scheduled after acceptance notification)
- Help with installation of exhibition (in the final weeks, actual dates to be determined)
- Opening night, August 4, 5:00–7:00pm
Applicants must have a strong exhibition record and are encouraged to have some teaching experience as well asexperience working with teens. A $1,000 stipend will be provided for time and supplies. All works must be made and available due to the short, one-month, turnaround time between the students’ decision and the time of the exhibition. The exhibition will remain up at CAM’s Education Gallery from August 4 through October 8, 2017.
Applications are due May 22, 2017. To submit, please send:
- A one-page proposal detailing works to be included
- Up to 10 images of artwork (jpegs) and image list
- Cover letter
- Artist statement
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Artists may apply for both the Great Rivers Biennial and the Teen Museum Studies program.