The Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis (CAM) seeks a detail-oriented, organized, and thoughtful Development Coordinator. This is an important position within the Museum’s Development Department, which is responsible for a $3 million annual operating budget and growing endowment. This position provides administrative duties for the Museum’s donor database and day-to-day customer service and communication with members and museum visitors. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Coordinator works in close collaboration with other members of the Development team and other Museum departments.
Administrative and Data Management
- Responsible for accurate and timely data entry including:
- Gift processing and pledge entry.
- Contribution reporting.
- Donation and financial reconciliation.
- Adds and maintains constituent records and department contact lists.
- Reporting and mailing list production.
- Acknowledgment of gifts and guides each letter through processing, approval, mailing, and filing.
- Provides administrative support for membership renewals, annual fund campaigns, and donor communications.
- Manages general day-to-day member communication across platforms and directs specific inquiries to correct department.
- Maintains department calendar and project management tracking.
- Assists in planning, attendee communications, and logistical support of membership related events, including:
- Exhibition Patron and Member Previews, Cocktail with the Curators, In the Studio, and more.
- Assists with planning, management, and execution of major fundraising events, including the Annual Gala, trivia night, art auctions, and cultivation events, among others.
- Some fundraising experience with demonstrated skills in effective interpersonal communications.
- Commitment to continuing professional education.
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently.
- Knowledge of donor database (CRM) software; Salesforce experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with volunteers, staff, visitors, members, and prospects.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and works well collaboratively.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding donor records and information.
- Available to travel throughout the area and work some evenings and weekends.
- 3 years of work experience in a comparable customer service environment is necessary, non-profit experience is a plus.
This is a full-time position. Compensation, including benefits, is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The salary range for this position is $42,000-$46,000.
Please click “Apply Here” to be forwarded to the application portal. In order to apply, you must create a free account for Submittable. You will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume. Applications will be acknowledged.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but priority consideration will be given to those received by September 12, 2022.
Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion:
The Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis is committed to embracing diversity, practicing equity, and ensuring accessibility and inclusion. We will continually strive to achieve a welcoming environment in all our spaces, where staff, artists, board, and community feel reflected and valued for their unique perspectives and backgrounds. DEAI values will guide and impact all the decisions the museum makes, both internal and external, so that we are choosing a path toward ongoing transformation.CAM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age, family responsibilities, national origin, or veteran status.
Founded by civic and cultural leaders in 1980, the Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis transformed from a small gallery into an internationally-recognized arts institution, now permanently housed in a 27,000-squarefoot building designed by renowned American architect Brad Cloepfil. Flexible, open, and inviting, the building reflects the organization’s values, and supports a dynamic range of exhibitions, public programs, and educational activities. CAM is the only museum in the St. Louis region solely dedicated to contemporary art and one of the preeminent non-collecting institutions of its kind in the United States. We are a site for discovery, a welcoming space, free and open to all. Learn more at camstl.org.