The Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis seeks Lead Visitor Experience Associates (Lead VEAs) to join our team. Reporting to the Visitor Experience and Events Manager, Lead VEAs are integral to ensuring that visitors have an enjoyable and satisfying experience at CAM. This is a part-time position with a variable work schedule that is dependent on programs and events. We are looking for people with flexible schedules for up to 18 hours/week, with evening and weekend availability.
Lead VEAs are responsible for all of the duties of the Visitor Experience Associate as well as the following additional responsibilities:
- Act as the shift leader, directing VEAs when the Visitor Experience and Events Manager is not present or otherwise available to do so.
- Assign break times and duties while also sharing in the mutual responsibility of providing excellent customer service and gallery security.
- Follow museum security procedures for opening and closing the museum including assuring that all entrances and exits are secure, alarm systems are active, and all visitors and staff have left the premises.
- Follow museum cash handling procedures for opening the museum shop and café. Prepare the daily deposit for shop and café sales and noting any discrepancies as necessary.
- Promote and foster an enjoyable and safe work environment.
- Follow protocols for reporting visitor, staff, exhibition, and facility issues.
- Participate in training VEAs and volunteers.
- Effectively communicate new policies, museum news, and other relevant information.
- Work with museum staff as needed to implement policies, lead event set-up and break-down, maintain gallery spaces, and assist with other projects as needed.
Please note the qualifications required for Visitor Experience Associate. Lead VEAs should be comfortable performing all VEA responsibilities and interested in actively ensuring the success of CAM’s exhibitions, programs, and events. They should have a positive, can-do attitude, and be a role model for their colleagues. Lead VEAs should possess excellent leadership skills and be comfortable working with a diverse and intergenerational audience.
The pay rate for this position starts at $16.25/hour.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Visitor Experience Associate. All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Applications will be acknowledged.
Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion
The Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis is committed to embracing diversity, practicing equity, and ensuring accessibility and inclusion. We will continually strive to achieve a welcoming environment in all our spaces, where staff, artists, board, and community feel reflected and valued for their unique perspectives and backgrounds. DEAI values will guide and impact all the decisions the museum makes, both internal and external, so that we are choosing a path toward ongoing transformation.
CAM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age, family responsibilities, national origin, or veteran status.