The Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis seeks a Marketing Manager to broaden and diversify CAM’s audience and to drive visitor engagement, both on-site and online. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Manager works closely in collaboration with the Communications Specialist and colleagues to promote the Museum and its exhibitions, programs, and events via social media, email marketing, advertising, and other means. This position is also responsible for the graphic design and layout of in-house publications and didactics. This is a hybrid position, with three work days on-site and two remote.
Social Media Management
- Create compelling content and post regularly for CAM audiences on all institutional social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter, and Youtube
- Develop and implement social media calendar that aligns with CAM editorial calendar and ongoing initiatives
- Create, implement, and evaluate all aspects of social media marketing; work with Director of Marketing and Communications to identify strategies to grow audiences, online and in-person
- Collect and coordinate visual assets to promote museum initiatives; with occasional after hours or weekend attendance, as needed
Print and Digital Media Management
- Produce in-house print and digital design projects, such as newsletters, signage, gallery guides, and flyers, as well as merchandising for CAM’s shop
- Develop and distribute monthly e-newsletter; produce event invitations and other digital communications as needed
- Organize photography and design assets
- Maintain CAM’s website and community platforms
- Execute content additions and updates to website, including banners, events, exhibitions, and other features that improve user experience
- Submit Museum events to community calendars
Project Management and Administration
- Project manage the design process of semi-annual didactics and print newsletters for spring and fall exhibition seasons
- Oversee design process and cross-departmental communication for newsletters, signage, didactics, gallery guides, and flyers using CAM’s preferred project management software
- Coordinate scheduling and communication with photographers, designers, printers, and advertising representatives to produce brand-aligned assets
- Assist with supervising seasonal interns
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications, devise strategies to market exhibitions, programs, and events to strengthen brand awareness
- Assist with audience and market research
- Manage CAM’s media buys and annual advertising budget
- Analyze audience metrics for both on-site and online audiences
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of relevant marketing experience
- Demonstrated experience managing social media for an organization/company and graphic design ability
- Demonstrated experience working with a team or on collaborative projects
- Demonstrated commitment to values of diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion
- Interest in contemporary art and culture preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Comfortable managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Effectively communicate and prioritize tasks with team members and colleagues
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Creative and well organized, with strong attention to detail and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated experience with the following programs is preferred:
- GSuite, Dropbox, and other CMS systems
- Asana or other project management systems
- Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop; Canva
- Mailchimp, GMass, Survey Money, and other CRM e-marketing tools
- WordPress, Shopify, and other website platforms
- Google Analytics and Ads, SEO, YouTube Studio, and social media advertising/boosting
This is a full-time position. Compensation, including benefits, is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The salary range for this position is $50,000–$58,000.
CAM’s benefits package includes:
- Employer paid medical insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary life insurance
- Flexible spending account
Additionally, CAM offers generous time off, including nationally observed holidays, vacation, sick, paid-time off, volunteer time off, and various leave policies. CAM also hosts a flexible remote work policy, and more.
Please click the “Apply here” button (below) to be forwarded to the application portal. In order to apply, you must create a free account for Submittable. You will be asked to upload a cover letter and resume. Applications will be acknowledged. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but priority consideration will be given to those received by Friday, January 20, 2023.
Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion:
The Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis is committed to embracing diversity, practicing equity, and ensuring accessibility and inclusion. We will continually strive to achieve a welcoming environment in all our spaces, where staff, artists, board, and community feel reflected and valued for their unique perspectives and backgrounds. DEAI values will guide and impact all the decisions the museum makes, both internal and external, so that we are choosing a path toward ongoing transformation. We embolden ourselves to carry out these values by:
- acknowledging our place in and actively working against our national problem of systemic racism and white supremacy;
- ensuring that underrepresented voices are included and heard;
- seeking out and building partnerships that represent our DEAI values;
- continuing to be a free gathering space and an open forum for ideas.
We enthusiastically take on the work of change. To remain true to these core values, we will hold ourselves accountable through a perpetual process of reflection and responsive action.
About the Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis
The Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis works to enrich lives and inspire curiosity, creativity, and learning through experiences with contemporary art. Focused on a dynamic array of changing exhibitions, the Museum reflects and contributes to the global cultural landscape while engaging thousands of visitors through a wide array of public programs. CAM nurtures the creative minds of our city’s youth through free, in-depth art education, making a long-lasting impact on the community. We are a site for discovery, a welcoming space, free and open to all.
CAM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age, family responsibilities, national origin, or veteran status. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
Learn more at camstl.org.