Join us for an online edition of our First Friday celebrations, featuring a line-up celebrating LGBTQ+ Pride. Hosted by St. Louis’s own Maxi Glamour, the evening takes inspiration from Liz Johnson Artur’s series of photographs taken at the East London club night PDA (Public Displays of Affection), a space for queer and non-binary expression and experimental DJs.
- 5:30 pm Maxi Glamour kicks off the show, with a hello from CAM Executive Director Lisa Melandri
- 5:35 pm Art at Home: Tape Resist Paintings — In a painting demonstration led by CAM Learning & Engagement Staff CJ Mitchell and Miriam Ruiz, explore how colors can express our experience and identity, including a closer look at the colors in various LGTBQ+ flags for inspiration. Please gather masking tape, watercolor or acrylic paint, and either a canvas or paper backing prior to start.
- 6:05 pm Artists on Art — Host Maxi Glamour discusses Liz Johnson Artur’s PDA series with Joss Barton, a writer, photographer, journalist, and artist documenting queer and trans life and love in St. Louis.
- 6:25 pm Musical performances by Bates and Låda
- 6:50 pm Maxi Glamour closes out the night
Please note that this program is online only. Register above to receive a link to access the Zoom Webinar.