We care deeply about serving our community and continue to provide quality education programs within safe learning environments. With safety as our priority, we are prepared to offer LEAP Middle School Initiative remotely and/or on-site, depending on the evolving concerns for public health. We have been adapting our programs to remote learning platforms since the museum closed in March, and we are confident that we can create a supportive, stimulating, and rewarding experience. We encourage anyone interested to apply.
Designed for the young artist interested in an in-depth exploration of contemporary art practices and mediums, this free ten-week-long after-school program gives students the opportunity to work closely with professional St. Louis-based artists and educators in an atmosphere of focused attention and mentorship. Fifteen students from the greater St. Louis area are selected to focus on one particular contemporary practice or medium each semester. All project materials are supplied.
Please visit and follow our Instagram accounts to learn more about our programs: @camstl @cam_youthprograms
The Spring 2021 application is open. Apply here.
Application deadline: Thursday, December 31, 2020, 11:59 pm CT.
- Students in grades 6–8 are eligible to apply
- Selected participants must have access to a stable internet connection, connection device, email, webcam, and Zoom app
- Participants must live in the greater St. Louis area
- Participants must be able to pick up supplies from the museum before the program begins. Pick-up days are Tuesday, January 12 and Wednesday, January 13, 2:00–5:00 pm
- Selected students are expected to attend all sessions (see schedule below)
Spring 2020 Schedule
- LEAP meets for ten weeks on Thursday afternoons, January 14–March 18, 2021, 4:30–6:00 pm via Zoom, with a chance to meet in smaller groups at the museum if possible
- Class sessions: January 14, 21, 28; February 4, 11, 18, 25; March 4, 11, 18
- Online sessions will be broken up by breaks, individual instruction and independent work