Spring 2019 application is open. Apply here.
- Spring 2019 January 24–March 28, 2019
Deadline: December 15, 2018
- Fall 2019 September 12–November 14, 2019
Deadline: August 15, 2019
- Students in grades 6–8 are eligible to apply
- Selected students are expected to attend all sessions (see schedule below)
- LEAP meets for ten weeks on Thursday afternoons, September 13–November 15, 4:30–6:00 pm at CAM
- Class sessions: September 13, 20, 27, October 4, 11, 18, 25, and November 1, 8, 15
Sage Dawson is a St.Louis-based artist, curator, and educator. Her work examines dwelling rights, land use, and the identity of spaces. She teaches at Washington University, is a founding member of Monaco, and directs STNDRD–a gallery project examining the power and potentiality of flags. Sage completed an MFA + Museum Studies minor at the University of New Mexico, and a BFA at Missouri State University.
Sage has exhibited, lectured, and presented work at various sites including the Center for Contemporary Printmaking Norwalk, the Urban Institute for Contemporary Art, The Pulitzer Arts Foundation, the Chicago Artists Coalition, the Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis, Tate Exchange at Tate Modern, Boston University, the Terrain Biennial – Enos Park, the Saint Louis Art Museum, the Springfield Art Museum, Pyramid Atlantic, the City University of New York, the University of Pennsylvania, the University of Toledo Center for the Visual Arts, and the International Print Center New York.
Sage’s work has appeared in Art in America, Elephant Magazine, From Here to There published by Princeton Architectural Press, Art in Print, and Hyperallergic.