Saturday, October 25, 2014
10:00 am–12:00 pm
Recommended for ages 3 to 12.
Celebrate Halloween at CAM with a fun-filled day of artist-led workshops, face painting, music, and more. Enjoy the festivities, express yourself creatively, and learn about the art on view. Visitors in costume will be entered in a drawing to win a special prize!
- Face painting
- Local musical comedy act Babaloo performs at 10:15 am.
- Artist Maria Ojascastro leads a workshop on making Model Magic Minions. Create your own good, evil, or Halloween minion with colorful model magic and googly eyes!
- Artist Tracy Drissell leads an art activity inspired by current exhibition, Mark Flood: Another Painting, using stencils to create language-based artwork.
- The New Art in the Neighborhood students lead a wacky and fun Halloween art activity.
- In tandem with current exhibition Mel Chin: Rematch, CAM presents a special Fundred Dollar Bill Project workshop. Participants are invited to creatively decorate their own one hundred-dollar bill which symbolizes raising money to help end childhood lead poisoning.
- Lead Safe St. Louis will be on site to promote lead poisoning awareness, and this event wraps up National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week, which runs October 19–25 this year.