The Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis seeks Visitor Experience Associates (VEAs) to join our team. Reporting to the Visitor Experience and Events Manager, VEAs are integral to ensuring that visitors have an enjoyable and satisfying experience at CAM. This is a part-time position with a variable work schedule that is dependent on programs and events. We are looking for people with flexible schedules for up to 18 hours/week, with evening and weekend availability.
- Greet and check in visitors
- Speak knowledgeably about the Museum and exhibitions, programs, and events
- Safeguard artwork
- Track gallery and event attendance
- Sell memberships and shop merchandise
- Ensure the cleanliness of galleries and public spaces
- Set up and break down events
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer service and/or retail experience
- Friendly and welcoming demeanor
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work weekends, some holidays, and evenings
- Ability to stand in galleries for long periods of time
- Dependable and punctual
- Interest in museums and contemporary art
- Art background a plus
The pay rate for this position starts at $15/hour.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Visitor Experience Associate. All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Applications will be acknowledged.
Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion
The Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis is committed to embracing diversity, practicing equity, and ensuring accessibility and inclusion. We will continually strive to achieve a welcoming environment in all our spaces, where staff, artists, board, and community feel reflected and valued for their unique perspectives and backgrounds. DEAI values will guide and impact all the decisions the museum makes, both internal and external, so that we are choosing a path toward ongoing transformation.
CAM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age, family responsibilities, national origin, or veteran status.