As a major component of the exhibition Stories of Resistance, Radio Resistance assembles the voices of intersecting local and global agents of change. Artists featured in the exhibition are paired with figures from the past, present, and future of St. Louis, coming together to transmit messages of dissent. Eleven episodes will be released over the course of the exhibition, amplifying shared struggles, collective dreams, and models of individual and group action. Using a historically rebellious medium, Radio Resistance broadcasts social narratives of defiance and hope.
Selections of Radio Resistance will be broadcast on St. Louis on the Air, the noontime talk program hosted by Sarah Fenske on St. Louis Public Radio. Full episodes will be released biweekly in a listening station at CAM, and on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher. A publication celebrating Stories of Resistance, featuring episode highlights, will be released later this year.
- March 12 Prologue: CAM Staff & Producers
- March 25 Organizing Rebellion: Dread Scott and Walter Johnson
- April 8 Perseverance and Participation: Wendy Red Star and De Nichols
- April 22 Leveling the Field: Glenn Kaino, Tommie Smith, and Dr. Harry Edwards
- May 6 Public Platforms: Marina Peng & Shannon Levin (PSA:) and Cleo Barnett
- May 20 Insisting on Our Humanity: Hank Willis Thomas (Wide Awakes) and Congresswoman Cori Bush
- June 3 Collective Healing: Guadalupe Maravilla and Dr. LJ Punch
- June 17 Women as Activists: Jen Liu and Candace Borders
- July 1 Forms of Liberation: Torkwase Dyson and Geoff Ward
- July 15 Ancestors and Testimonies: Tuấn Andrew Nguyễn and Gwen Moore
- July 29 Defiant Writing: Banu Cennetoğlu and Treasure Shields Redmond
- August 12 Afterword: CAM Staff & Producers
Radio Resistance is co-produced by Michelle Dezember, Director of Learning and Engagement, Wassan Al-Khudhairi, Chief Curator, and Misa Jeffereis, Assistant Curator. Sound design and editing by Sean Pierce.
The co-producers wish to thank Sarah Fenske, Lara Hamdan, Aaron Doerr, Honna Veerkamp, Kalena Michele Boller, St. Louis Public Radio, and all of the participants who contributed their voices to Radio Resistance.