2021: Summer Brooks
2020: Yowshien Kuo
2019: Margaret Keller
2018: Lizzy Martinez
2017: Meredith Foster
2016: Kelley Walker
2015: Cole Lu
2014: Edo Rosenblith
Applications for 2022 are due June 19, 11:59 pm CT. Applicants will be notified of selection on July 8.
Applications are now available online through this link.
The application requires the following materials:
- Cover letter describing interest in exhibiting as part of Teen Museum Studies
- A one-page proposal detailing works to be included
- Up to 10 images of artwork (jpegs) and image list
- Artist statement
An artist selected for Teen Museum Studies remains eligible for the Great Rivers Biennial.
A $1,000 stipend will be provided for time and supplies. All works must be complete by August 10, 2022. The exhibition will remain on view in the Education Galleries from September 9, 20–February 12, 2023.
Applicants must be 18 years or older, have a strong exhibition record and are encouraged but not required to have some teaching experience as well as experience working with teens.
The selected artist must be available for:
- Time-sensitive email correspondence from June 22 – September 9
- Three working sessions with the students: July 14, July 20, August 10
- Help with installation of exhibition (mid-late August, actual dates to be determined)
- Exhibition opening, September 9, 2022
- Artist Talk on Saturday, September 24
Please email email@example.com with any questions.